- Differentiate between simple from complex and/or wicked challenges;
- Identify complex challenges, in particular within the domains of sustainable development, humanitarian crisis and peace & justice;
- Recognise how to confront complex societal challenges.
- Eric Berlow (2010) "Simplifying Complexity". TED
- Rittel, H. W., and Melvin M. Webber. "2.3 planning problems are wicked." Polity4 (1973): 155-169.
- Tamarack Learning Centre. "Complexity. A conversation with Brenda Zimmerman. (interview)" (2005)
- Tatham, Peter, and Luke Houghton. "The wicked problem of humanitarian logistics and disaster relief aid." Journal of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management 1.1 (2011): 15-31.
- Tom Wujec: DrawToast.com